To The Top is a course designed for teenagers and young adults, taking learners from Beginner to Intermediate level. It follows the modular approach which enables students to deal with topics in depth. Its multi-dimensional syllabus combines lexis, grammar structures, language functions, skills work and pronunciation.
To the Top comes in two editions, the American English (AmE) edition and the British English (BrE) edition.
Select the edition you prefer in order to see the levels, the components and table of contents.
- Eight modules
- Five lessons and a revision section after each module
- Lively dialogues highlighting the adventures of a group of young students
- Motivating and contemporary topics providing students with multicultural and cross-curricular information
- Clear grammar presentations and practice
- A step-by-step guide to writing, beginning from sentence level to different types of writing, providing students with plenty of practice
- Culture pages introducing students to the English-speaking world
- Lively, topic-based songs
- Motivating and contemporary topics with multicultural and cross-curricular information
- Lively dialogues presenting real spoken English
- An integrated approach to the development of the four skills
- Special emphasis on vocabulary building
- Grammar presented and practised in context
- Systematic development of reading and listening skills and subskills
- A variety of communicative tasks
- Step-by-step approach to writing
- Activities encouraging critical thinking and personal response
- Practical tips helping students to become autonomous learners
- A round-up section in each unit providing regular revision and consolidation
- A grammar reference section
- Culture pages